It’s not often you get to describe a gun safe as cool, but the Gunbox Biometric Version fits the bill. I mean, just look at it – it’s a well designed machine that looks like it dropped out of Star Wars. It has a sleek, white exterior with a black band running down the front and a simple fingerprint scanner. While it might not be able to hold a lightsaber, it does feature the latest in actual technology and represents one of the very best handgun safes out there. It does come at a fairly steep price compared to other comparable gun safes, but we HIGHLY recommend it because its advanced technology provides superior protection.
Some of its features include:
- It can be opened by fingerprint, RFID wristband, ring, or sticker. If you’re unfamiliar with RFID, it’s a technology used by businesses to track inventory or as a security measure. Use of it in this safe means that you can simply slip on a ring and wave it over the lid and like magic, it pops open! If you feel that there’s a chance that use of the ring might compromise the security of the safe (ie. if you use the sticker and think it’s likely that your teenagers have figured out where you keep it), then you can disable this option.If you choose to use your fingerprint only to open it, you can set it so that it requires multiple fingerprints to open so that you can be absolutely sure that it only opens when you are present.
- An aluminim alloy shell that is rated at aircraft strength. This is important as comparable many safes its size have thin steel walls that don’t represent much of a challenge to a prepared intruder with an axe. It is also very heavy as a result, which is good because you don’t want it moving around too much!
- It also has a loud alarm that can be set to sound if the safe is moved at all. This will help give you peace of mind that your kids haven’t touched the safe – as soon as they hear the alarm they’ll go running – and as soon as you hear it you know what is happening! If that’s overkill for your situation, you can also set the motion sensor to simply display a red light if it senses movement.
- It features good capacity – many owners have commented on this. It can easily fit two handguns or a handgun and a magazine. If you want to store a few other valuables and documents in the safe too it can easily accommodate them.
- Keeping batteries charged can also be less of a worry with this safe. This is because it has two USB ports that can be plugged into a computer or wall outlet with a USB converter. It also can run on batteries if you want to take it on a trip and store guns in a car or hotel room.
Overall, we feel like we can’t give this safe a high enough rating. It’s top notch and worth every penny. Of course, it takes quite a few pennies to purchase, and there are plenty of good options out there for a smaller price that will still meet most of your needs. But for a bulletproof gun storage solution – go with the Gunbox Biometric Version!